[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Sampert surname

Rose Ingram roseingram at shaw.ca
Thu Nov 1 16:42:40 PDT 2007

Lloyd,

I forgot to mention that Sampert sound English to me and the name is quite prevalent in the England.  It is possible an Ancestor came from England.  Several Scots are found in Germany and Poland.   Skilled workers migrated to were there was work.

Rose Ingram
  From: Lloyd Friedrick

  And, how about our family name SAMPERT, Lutherans that moved to Tomazov-Maz, Congress Poland and later To Alberta, Canada ?
   Family oral  history tells us they may have originated from the Alsace Lorraine area.
  Sampert doesn't sound like a French name to me.

  lloyd friedrick