[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Names of places

Jan Textor textor_jan at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 4 03:48:58 PST 2007

Rita Lyster wrote:> Date: Sat, 3 Nov 2007 09:12:29 -0700> From: rlyster at telusplanet.net> To: ger-poland-volhynia at eclipse.sggee.org> Subject: [Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Names of places> > > Once more...for my book...I want to have the correct spellings of places:> > On the way to Lodz during the time of resettlement, they were on a train and > stopped (siding of the train tracks) at Zlazna or Slozna??>
This could be Zelazna (with a dot over the first z).  However, there are several of these in Poland.> > Then the camps after Lodz were Kalisch?? and then Waldhorst?? which was > supposidly a former Jewish resort now turned refugee camp?
> The Polish village of Kolumna was named Waldhorst by the Germans when they occupied the country during WWII.  Kolumna is located a few kilometers northeast of Lask.

Hope this helps.

Jan Textor
http://textor.dk/homepage