[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Fwd: Polish for Wolter?

Otto otto at schienke.com
Sun Nov 4 18:30:28 PST 2007

Thank you Nadine,
I have the Maryland Port Entry information.
Also the 1910 US Census report.
I had to obtain them the hard way before the Internet was available
to us.

The Draft Registration information I did not have!
If the birth date 4 May 1878 is correct, this is great info.
The year 1878 matches the count-back from Rudolph's age when he
entered the States.

It gives me a completely different view of the situation. It may
explain why I never could find Rudolph's reentry to the US after
WW1.  1918 sounds too early of a date to be back from Europe.  Tales
may have been woven around his leaving with the family in the first
place.
He may never have left. . .
Wanda may have left with her children and returned to Russian Poland
on her own.

One of my cousin Juergen's favorite sayings is "One answer creates
two questions."

My first need is still a marriage license of Rudolph and Wanda to
step back into the past and research laterally.

In searching SGGEE's Master Pedigree Archives I did find a Rudolph
Walter born in the 1850's in Radziejow south of Hohensalza.
Here we have a similarity of a given name.
A trail may lead from here...
This would place Walter south of the Weichsel while Langas was
Northeast of the Weichsel in Praschnitz/Przasnysz Parish-Nasielsk ???

=======
Thank you Rose, for the Plonsk Archive advise.

On Nov 4, 2007, at 7:44 PM, Nks883 at aol.com wrote:
> From: Nks883 at aol.com
> Date: November 4, 2007 11:56:16 AM EST
> To: otto at schienke.com
> Subject: Re: [Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Polish  for Wolter?
> Otto,
>  This may or may not help, but I checked www.ancestry.com and below
> is the information found:
> WWI Draft Registration dated Sept. 10, 1918:
> Rudolf Walter born 4May1878 - Russia.
> Residence: North Bradock/Braddock, PA.
> Spouse: Wanda.
> Employed: Westinghouse Electric

. . .   Otto

          " The Zen moment..." wk. of October 28, 2007-