[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Russian Army Records

Earl.Schultz Earl.Schultz at telusplanet.net
Sun Nov 4 19:50:59 PST 2007

My grandfather, Emil Leichnitz, and his brother Julius from Rypin, Plock
served in the Russian Army around 1904.  I have a picture of them in their
uniforms but can't be sure of the year.  Julius emigrated to Canada about
1910.

My uncle, William Schultz, born about 1904 in New Jersey and returned as a
child to Rypin, also served in the Russian Army and apparently was the
reason the US refused him admittance even though he was a US Citizen.

I would appreciate any information about how I can access their military
records or any comments that would help me understand the times.  Bill
apparently was drafted and I can assume with a high degree of accuracy that
both Emil and Julius were drafted.

Earl