[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Names of places

rlyster at telusplanet.net rlyster at telusplanet.net
Sun Nov 4 20:59:14 PST 2007

Thankyou all.....I got out a few maps I have here at home and looked
close...now you have confirmed what I suspected.  It is always interesting to
see the word in print and to hear what it sounds like.

Goryn River (sounds like Urine)
Zlasno (Zlasna)
Kalisch
Kiwerce (Kievritz)
Stepan
Derazno (Drajna)
Osowa (Ossof)
Stydyn (Stugin)

I also sat my Dad down and asked him which way to which village and that
helped.  Also to hear which ones were on the river.  He used to carry butter to
be sold to Derazno...walking....it looks like about 18km one way...yikes...not
many 10-12 year olds would do that nowadays!

Did anyone watch the documentary on History TV tonight about the Eastern
Front...they talked about Jan.45 and the Flugt from Warthegau.

Thanks everyone,
Rita Lyster

 On Behalf Of Howard