[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Petrikau, Poland

Royal Natzke rdnatzke at execpc.com
Mon Nov 5 14:05:58 PST 2007

On a recent trip to Poland, we visited the archives at Piotrikow-Trybunalski (Petrikau, Poland). I was searching for records on my grandfather, John Martin Neumann, and his birthplace. They sent us to the "Ewangelicko-Augsburska Church". The records were wonderfully organized and readable. I found several generations of his family back to 1827. A very kind women who spoke Polish and German opened the books for us, even though she had just come to pick up a report on the church. Her time was limited, but gave us an address of the church if we needed more information. She also directed us to the village where my grandfather had lived, Kurnedz, Poland, on the Pilica River, which did not have a church. My only source of information on this village was Kurmenz, Russia from Naturalization papers, which was incorrect. If anyone is interested in the address of this church, I would be happy to share it.
We also visited the Warsaw Archives, but found them closed due to a renovation project.
Dorothy Natzke