[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] After WW2 Women to Russia

Karl Krueger dabookk54 at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 5 17:00:46 PST 2007

I don't know about the women but the Russians were definitely literally imprisoning German men to be brought to Siberia for labor. My father made the mistake of going from West Germany to East Germany planning to bring the family back out with him. The Russians did not honor his papers and put him in a secure camp with many other German men. While there he ran into someone he knew who told him what the Russians were really doing. Fortunately my father was able to escape this camp, elude Russian police, and sneak out to West Germany with the rest of the family who did have permission to leave.

  I did not hear much about them sending German women to Siberia. Their interest was for hard labor as payback for what Germany did to Russia in the war.

rlyster at telusplanet.net wrote:

Does anyone know about this?

After the war (2) was over, my father is still a POW in Russia and he says one
evening about 50 German women came to the camp for a few hours only. They were
nicely dressed and didnot appear to be in distress. The Russian group seemed
to pay them quite a bit of attention.

Dad says that they were taking German men and young boys to Siberia to work.
Were women volunteering to go?

Does anyone know anything about these type of women?

Rita Lyster