[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] After WW2 Women to Russia

Greg Mason gmason001 at comcast.net
Mon Nov 5 18:25:49 PST 2007

Somewhat related to these two stories was the situation described in
the book by Christian Graf von Krockow, "Die Stunde der
Frauen."  (available both in German and in English.) This is about
the detention of German families (generally women and children) in
West Preussia and Pomern for a number of years following the war. One
of my wife's cousins was "detained" in this manner for about 5 years
and finally her family was expelled to West Germany.  As far as I
know, these women and children were not sent to Russia but simply
held prisoner in Pomern.  Greg Mason