[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] After WW2 women to Russia

kaiser116 at aol.com kaiser116 at aol.com
Wed Nov 7 11:00:55 PST 2007

Hello Rita:
My family's stories about fleeing from the Soviets in the east during WWII are enough to make you shudder. I've never heard anything positive about the aftermath in the Soviet zones of control in Germany after the war. I've spoken with many survivors of that time. While their accounts are anectodal, I did come across a?US government report,?while working at the Hughes library of the Defence Intelligence Agency in Washington DC a number of years ago, that documented the horrendous conditions and treatment of German women by the occupying Soviets during the years following the end of the war. Small wonder there is still so much resentment among the former "East" Germans.
Kurt Gillies