[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Hemp growing in USA, WWII

Nancy Gertner nancygertner at mac.com
Fri Nov 16 20:18:49 PST 2007

Hemp was grown in the USA during WWII.

My cousin wrote a book in which she tells they had a hemp crop, and
the harvest was labor intensive.

She had young children to take care of, so her husband got two German
POWs from the camp who helped with the hemp harvest in southern MN.

My cousins had grown up speaking German, so were able to communicate
with the POWs.

Nancy in Minnesota