[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] My Great-Grandfather Dreger's Clock - his family was from volhynia

Glenn F glennfrank at earthlink.net
Sat Nov 17 14:46:36 PST 2007

Hi, this is just an general interest posting...

One of my family lines that is from the Volhynia area was my DREGER
family line.

My Great-Grandfather Andrew Dreger Sr. was a mechanical tinkerer and a
watchmaker in his later years. He built a multi-faced town clock when he
lived in Long Beach, CA, reminiscent of the fancy town clocks of Europe,
with clock faces that told the solar time of cities from all around the
world. The clock spent 50 years being proudly displayed to the public at
Knott's Berry Farm in Buena Park, CA... but recently was sold and
removed from public view. With the help of the Buena Park Historical
Society, I am working to restore the Dreger Clock and place it in the
city's historical park. The society was able to buy the clock and save
it, now we are asking the community to help get it restored to its
former glory.

I just thought that some of you might be interested in reading about the
clock built by an immigrant from Volhynia...

http://www.dregerclock.org

Thanks,

Glenn Frank