[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] A 1944 Poster from the Warsaw Museum

larry steinke larrysteinke at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 11:44:25 PST 2007

to the Poles

the armed struggle to liberate the capital has started.
Vice Prime mInister ( the Polish Underground State was a covert
administrative, political, and military structure operating in
occupied Poland during World War 2 (1939–1945). The Underground State
organized, coordinated and engaged in resistance against German
forces. It was established by and responsible to the London-based
Polish government-in-exile which Allied governments recognized as the
legitimate government of Poland. The Underground State did not
include Polish communists or parties of the extreme right) and the
leader of Committee of National Liberation together with the
commander of Home Army (The Home Army, 380,000 soldiers at its peak,
was the military wing of the Underground State. It consolidated a
number of military groups spontaneously formed after the Polish
campaign of September-October 1939. The Home Army's losses during the
five-year struggle, including the Warsaw Uprising, were more than
72,000 soldiers killed) have decided to start fighting on the 1st of
August.

  So far, the three days struggle with occupant (suppressor) has
appeared to be a tactical and moral success.
The squads of the Home Army broke the occupant's defense and gaining
most of the city, waking the enthusiasm for fighting in the Poles'
souls and belief in the final success. All polish citizens,
especially Warsaw people help the fighters.All of them are obedient
to the commanders, ready to sacrifice.

There will be not just one obstacle on the way to absolute Poland's
freedom.But when we unite all and when we will be obedient to the
Polish government -in-exile in London, Ministers and the Home Army-
the obstacles will be fought over like today, in the streets of Warsaw.

Peasants, workers and intelligence -they all fight for Poland-
democratic Poland, the country of law and justice.
Viva independent Poland

3rd of August 1944.