[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Wiese family from Plotzk

joanp jkcp at myclearwave.net
Tue Oct 2 17:28:46 PDT 2007

I am searching to see where my ancestors lived.   I have Stephan Christoph Wiese, born 6-4-1858 in Knieja, He married Caroline Arndt, born 9-27-1937.
His parents were Johan Wiese and Anna Susana Garchi or Garcki.

His children were Emilie born Oct 1856, Julius Sept 1858, Herman 1860, Pauline August 1868, Emma Feb 18, 1878, and Ottilie born 7-19-1879.

Son Herman immigrated from Russia, listing his last residence of Plotzk, arriving in the US 10-11-1884.

Christoph immigrated from Russia, listing his last residence as Drialy, arriving in the US 5-26-1885.
Is Plotzk and Drialy in Poland, or are they part of Bessarabia,  or both.    I would appreciate any help in tracking this family.

Thank you.

Joan