[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] history of German Volhynia population

Sharon Kitter skitter at new.rr.com
Sat Oct 6 04:38:36 PDT 2007

Hi list!

This is a bit off topic, but can someone give me a brief history of why
the Germans migrated to Volhynia or give me the names of some
books/sources (in English) where I can read about it? I have discovered
that both sets of my paternal grandparents either were born there or
their parents were. I have no idea what this area is except that the
borders changed a lot ( Poland/Russia/(Germany?)). It makes it very
confusing for me to figure out what is going on. Also, I would just like
to understand were they came from.

Thanks much,

Sharon Kitter