[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] history of German Volhynia population

gpvjem gpvjem at sasktel.net
Sat Oct 6 10:30:10 PDT 2007

    I have just read the book to which Dick has referred.  Although I was previously familiar in broad terms with  German Volhynian settlement and history, I found the book provided more background of the larger German history in Russia despite the fact that Volhynia is mentioned only peripherally.
    The book may be available through your local public library.  It also can be purchased at http://www.genealogyunlimited.com
I also encourage you to consider membership in SGGEE, a genealogy society entirely committed to Polish and Volhynian research.  Check out www.sggee.org and click on "About Us" for further information.

John Marsch

  Sharon,

  The standard work in English on all Germans in Russia is still, I believe,
  "From Catherine to Krushchev" by Adam Giesinger.  It's lighter on Volhynian
  Germans than on Black Sea and Volga Germans, but it's probably the best
  place to start.  It's available from the American Historical Society of
  Germans from Russia (www.ahsgr.org/store) for $26.

  Dick Benert