[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Cossacks in Poland

Rachael Patterson patterson.rachael at gmail.com
Tue Oct 9 13:23:06 PDT 2007

Hi...My grandparents also lived near Plotsk Poland in the late 1800's early
1900's and family lore has it that the Cossacks were considered a renigade
army, and they would ride through the fields, raping the women, young &
old...

Another story is that my grandfather (as a young man) was perched on a horse
& a noose placed around his neck to hang him...this done by the Cossacks, as
they thought my grandfather was a spy. I believe I've sent this story out
before, but my grandfather was newly married & he said he started to
pray...the Cossacks thought they heard a sound & thought it was the other
army coming (whatever other army, I do not know)...but they fled, leaving
grandfather like that...he freed himself...

Rae