[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Heffels, from Dobrinka (Russia) to Argentina and the US

Karina V. Heffel karinaheffel at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 17 12:32:48 PDT 2007

Greetings to all list members!

My name is Karina Heffel and I'm originally from Buenos Aires, Argentina; although I currently live in Texas.

I'm researching the surname Heffel, originally from the Sachsen Provinz in Germany, later on settled in the Dobrinka village in Russia.

My great-grandfather was George Heffel, born in Dobrinka Sept 22 1866, died Apr 13 1943 in Entre Rios, Argentina. He was married to Katharina Block (born Jan 12 1872 in Alt-Galka, Saratov) she died on 23 Apr 1939 in Entre Rios as well.

George and Katharina moved to Argentina from Russia in 1905 with their children at the time. I know nothing about my g-grandfather George Heffel's parents or siblings; only that at least one of his brothers moved to the United States instead, and he might have fathered a son who later on became a high rank officer in the US Navy, and a well known veteran from WWII or the Korean War who was awarded a medal for his accomplishment on a risky mission (that was on an Argentine newspaper clipping my granfather Benjamin had when my dad was little).

I'm hoping I can connect with those relatives on my g-grandfather Heffel's side to exchange information and learn about each other's past.

For all those interested, here's the link to the page I created on the internet for the Heffels and Blocks in Argentina with all othe information we currently have, pictures, etc. Unfortunately it's in Spanish; but I'll be more than happy to translate to English to those interested,

http://groups.msn.com/FamiliaHeffelBlockenArgentina/yourwebpage.msnw

All best,

Karina V. Heffel
  karinaheffel at yahoo.com
  karinaheffel at gmail.com

  Researching our family tree since 1986: Volga Germans, Germans from Russia; Heffel & Block from Germany (Sachsen Provinz / Lieblos/ Darmstadt) to
  Dobrinka & Alt-Galka (Saratov, Russia) between 1763/1768; to Argentina in 1905, and to the United States around the same time.