[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Occupation - Chatuller

Karina V. Heffel karinaheffel at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 18 21:01:07 PDT 2007

Nell,

 I've run a search on the word you are looking a meaning for, and the matches I got are either Swedish, Danish or Czech... Does that make any sense to you as far as the records you're trying to translate? If so, we can look it up on online dictionaries.

Regards,

Karina

"Schemioneck, Nell" <Nell.Schemioneck at AirservicesAustralia.com> wrote: Can anyone tell me what a "chatuller" might be?  I've found it as an
occupation in Czcychen church records from the early 1800s.  I can't
find it in any Ger-Eng dictionaries.

Thanks

Nell Schemioneck
Australia

Karina V. Heffel
  karinaheffel at yahoo.com
  karinaheffel at gmail.com

  Researching our family tree since 1986: Volga Germans, Germans from Russia; Heffel & Block from Germany (Sachsen Provinz / Lieblos/ Darmstadt) to
  Dobrinka & Alt-Galka (Saratov, Russia) between 1763/1768; to Argentina in 1905, and to the United States around the same time.