[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Occupation

Karina V. Heffel karinaheffel at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 18 21:49:37 PDT 2007

Nell,
This is what I got after typing that word on the language finder site (http://complingone.georgetown.edu/~langid/).
I'm guessing it could have been a regional dialect? I'll keep looking for ya.
Karina

   Romansch, Sursilvan         Dialect          Affinity:          Romansch dialects are         Indo-European/Italic/Rhaeto-Romance languages, related to         Italian, French and Latin.
         Where Spoken:          Sursilvan Romansch is spoken by less than 100,000         inhabitants of Switzerland.

---------------------------------

   Schwytzertuetsch, Bern         Dialect          Affinity:          The Schwytzertuetsch dialects are Indo-European/West         Germanic languages, closely related to German.
         Where Spoken:          Various dialects of Swiss German are spoken by about         4,500,000 people in Switzerland.

---------------------------------

   Schwytzertuetsch,         Zurich Dialect          Affinity:          The Schwytzertuetsch dialects are Indo-European/West         Germanic languages, closely related to German.
         Where Spoken:          Various dialects of Swiss German are spoken by about         4,500,000 people in Switzerland.

"Schemioneck, Nell" <Nell.Schemioneck at AirservicesAustralia.com> wrote: I have just found it in the records spelled Schatuller too.  But I also
can't find that in any of the on-line dictionaries.

Nell Schemioneck

Karina V. Heffel
  karinaheffel at yahoo.com
  karinaheffel at gmail.com

  Researching our family tree since 1986: Volga Germans, Germans from Russia; Heffel & Block from Germany (Sachsen Provinz / Lieblos/ Darmstadt) to
  Dobrinka & Alt-Galka (Saratov, Russia) between 1763/1768; to Argentina in 1905, and to the United States around the same time.