[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Polish for Wolter?

Otto otto at schienke.com
Tue Oct 30 07:32:07 PDT 2007

Morning Rose,
Wolter-used as a given and surname.

Walter is the anglicized form of the German 'Walther/Waldhar/Waldhari'.
Wolter/Wouter is the Dutch form of Walther/Walter. A good indicator
of an earlier migration south from the Danzig coastline.

A Polish variation of the name may contain the term 'Wlod', (rule)
pronounced 'Vwod' (the L has a diacritical mark through it changing
the sound to 'W') as in 'Wlodek' > Vwodek'
---
Now if someone could flip me information on the birthplace or
marriage (Walter/Langas) of my maternal grandfather, Rudolf Walter,
(b.1878?) wouldn't that be nice...

. . .   Otto

          " The Zen moment..." wk. of October 28, 2007-