[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Anybody ever see the surname Ratt? Taron

Howard Krushel krushelh at telus.net
Wed Oct 31 09:53:24 PDT 2007

In 1933, Fritz Schuetz, studies 40,000 records in 3 churches in the
Gumbinnen area of East Prussia, and lists information on these colonists,
who immigrated from France, Switzerland, Flanders, Elses Lorraine, and
Germany; they were invited to immigrate after the Bubonic Plague decimated
the East Prussian population in 1708 to 1710. He mentions the difficulties
in reading the records because the French speaking Pastor did not understand
German and the German speaking Pastor did not understand French.
He lists the following information:
TERRIN-(immigrates in 1711);origin Grossit/Brossitau(actually Gross-Ziethen,
Uckermark); and also from Mutterstadt, Pfalz. The Family originally came
from the Netherlands.
THORON- (also written Toron, Touron, Thouron); records do not indicate an
origin; however a family from the Kanton of Genf. originated from St. Antoni
en Rouergue, France.
DORON- (immigrated 1712)-3 origins-Mannheim; Friesenheim, Pfalz; Oppau,
Pfalz; The family originally came from Corcelles, Dep. Metz,
Lothringen((Lorraine).
Thought I'd mention this in case it might be of help,
Howard Krushel