[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Wolschebuden origin

Daryl Helwig sofasurfer at blclinks.net
Mon Sep 3 19:07:46 PDT 2007

Wolschebuden is the German name for Makowiska, from what I have read.
In my search for the elusive Volska Badea and Volakesbaden I have found a person who spelled "Wolschebuden" as "Wolsche Buden". This reinforces my belief that Wolschebuden is the root of Volakesbaden, or visa versa.

My question is this.. When did the word Wolschebuden come into existance? Any idea what it means?

I have been told that "The word Volska is a Czech word and means Ox or Oxes. The word Bude is a German word and means Barn, or Stable, or Barack".

I'm looking for a connection between Wolschebuden and Volska Badea or Volakesbaden.

Any insight is welcome.

Thanks,
Daryl Helwig