[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Messerschmidt in Kovel

Richard Stein ra_stein at telus.net
Tue Sep 4 20:45:32 PDT 2007

Hi Pam,

As you probably have seen, the St. Petersburg Archive records have Martin
Messerschmidt and Susanna Schulz marrying in 1880 in Rozyszcze parish, and
children Carolina born 1882 in Wodschinow, and Johann born 1885 in
Wertschin.  I believe Wodschinow and Wertschin are near Wladimir-Wolynski
but the family may have moved to Kovel later.  Also, Kovel may refer to the
Kreis (county) or district rather than the town itself.

You may find Edward's birth record in the post-1885 microfilms of Rozyszcze
parish.  1890 records are on LDS microfilm #2380021.

Dick Stein