[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Gogolin / Pietroska

Nks883 at aol.com Nks883 at aol.com
Thu Sep 27 07:48:55 PDT 2007

Puzzle No.1: The relationship between Paulina Gogolin and Amelia/Emilie
Gogolin - were they sisters?
Puzzle No.2: If they were sisters, who were their siblings?

Information - Paulina Gogolin - Born May 1886, Rypin area. Father: "Fred"
Gogolin, Mother: Louise Pietroska.  Louise was the daughter of  Gotfryd/Frydryk
Pietroska & Ewa Domin from Szynwald, Rypin.
Paulina Gogolin was sent to the US in April 1901, age 15 by her parents
because there were too many children to care for.  Paulina was probably the
youngest child.  She went to Cleveland, Ohio to her aunt, Anna Pietroska  Erdman
(husband Edward) and was in the company of her uncle, Julius Arndt, the  husband
of Eva Pietroska, sister of Anna and Louise. Paulina married Johann  Eiker in
Cleveland, 1905. Pauline died 11Aug1892, Gladwin, Michigan

Information - Amelia/Emilie Gogolin - Born Dec. 1882, Rypin area.   Parents ?
?  May have arrived in US 1905 and married Anton L. Radke  12Dec1906 in
Cleveland. They moved to New Jersey, had children Arthur, Albert,  Olga, Alfred and
Lydia, then moved back to Cleveland and had child, Martha in  1917. Amelia
died 15Oct1939, Cleveland.

Another Pietroska sister, Karolina/Caroline born 1864 in Szynwald was also
married to a Gogolin, but I have not been able to find information about him.
No  date of death.

Gotfryd/Frydryk Pietroska & Ewa Domin were married 1861 Szynwald.   I have no
date of birth for Louise Pietroska Gogolin. No death dates.

Any information regarding this family is greatly appreciated.  With  the help
of Earl Schultz, I have been able to put some of the puzzle pieces  together.
 Thanks so much.

Nadine Erdman Saiki