[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Cossak

Jerry Frank FranklySpeaking at shaw.ca
Sun Sep 30 06:35:40 PDT 2007

Wolfgang,

Very interesting background information about
your family and possible origins.  The Tatars and
the Cossacks were enemies.  The Tatars originated
as an Arabic tribe out of Turkey and had Muslim
origins.  The Cossacks were a Slavic tribe with Christian background.

By the way, are you aware that one of our SGGEE
members is researching this uncommon Lewitzki /
Lewicki surname from Volhynia?  Email me privately if you require more info.

Jerry Frank - Calgary, Alberta
FranklySpeaking at shaw.ca