[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Another Photo Translation Request - Wilhelmina Kleemann Part 2

Günther Böhm GHBoehm at ish.de
Sat Apr 5 06:25:56 PDT 2008

John Faunt schrieb:
> Hello List,
>
> I am amazed that my previous photo contained such an incredible amount of
> information, so I am requesting another translation. The message on the back
> is shorter this time. All help is greatly appreciated.
>
>  http://www.thefourjays.com/german/lehman/photos/kleeman2front.jpg
>  http://www.thefourjays.com/german/lehman/photos/kleeman2back.jpg

Hello John,
a confirmation photograph, maybe from Cranz either. The marked girl
seems to be the one standing left at the other picture (sunlight caused
dark shadows). Apparently she wears the same earrings.

Dialect and orthography of the message are touching and delicious (I had
flashbacks to my younger brother).
It reads:

(left side, corrections in brackets)

    "Einen schönen Gruß von mich [mir]
    Mathilde an meinen lieben Papa"

translation: "warm greetings from me, Mathilde, to my beloved daddy"

the utmost left line is of another handwiting, the spelling of the names
americanized:

    Mathilde -> Mathilda
    Kleemann -> Kleeman
    Lehmann -> Lehman

(right side)

    "Mein lieber Papa ich meine du wirst mich garnicht erkennen.
    Ich stehe bei dem Farrer [Pfarrer] an die rechte [der rechten] Seite.
    im weisen [weißen] Kleide."

translation: "My dear daddy, I think you will not at all identify me. I
am standing next to the pastor at his right side."

indeed it is the left side but this commutation might be a result of
copyinig or scanning.

Unfortunately both parish and CRO registers of Cranz were lost in 1945
though its lutheran church is still alive - at least as a building.

Günther