[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Krause/Silberman of Bobrowo (Konin)

Jerry Frank FranklySpeaking at shaw.ca
Sun Apr 6 19:50:57 PDT 2008

Dave,

You have some good information to provide you
with a start to your search.  Though Bobrowo is
in the Konin district, it was actually closer to
the Lutheran Parish centres of Grodziec and
Zagarow.  You can check for available records for
these locations on this page
http://www.sggee.org/church_parishes/LutheransInRusPoland.html

The microfilmed records for Grodziec apparently
stop in 1884 so this may be a problem for
you.  You could try to find the birth records of
older siblings since you do have the parent
names.  Zagarow records go later.  Keep in mind
that all records after 1868 are in Russian
Cyrillic handwriting.  Later records for Grodziec
are available in Polish Archives.  Check our Archives page for more info.

Because of the difficulty in reading Russian
records, much of the extracted data in our
databases is pre1868.  We have over 1000 Krause
entries in our database though none recorded
specifically as living in Bobrowo.  Silbermann is
much less common.  There was one such family
living at Lazinsk(a) about 10 km west of Bobrowo.

You are in the right place for your research but
you still have some hard work ahead of you to
obtain specific data.  Be sure to browse around
the website to check the resources and consider membership to access more.

Jerry Frank - Calgary, Alberta
FranklySpeaking at shaw.ca