[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] post wwi immigration

gary and rhonda simpson garynrho at mts.net
Tue Apr 15 07:53:36 PDT 2008

I guess I was a little vague.  They were from Volhynia, Zhitomir area.  They
had to have arrived prior to July of 1920 due to the birth of a son in
Canada in August 1921.  The father came over in 1914 by himself.  His wife
died sometime after that in the old country and the children came over with
a 'relative female" of his late wife who ended up marrying him.  Can't find
the marriage record here either so that was a dead end on when they may have
come over also.

I have checked all the 1914 and 1915 arrivals in Canada from all German,
Dutch, and Belgium ports to no avail and there doesn't seem to be any in the
years 1916, 1917 or 1918 other than England, and I have checked all those to
1921.

Rhonda