[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Trying to find Maser/Peitsch's Kol (colony) locations in Volhynia

Darrel Goth gothdarrel at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 17 00:06:38 PDT 2008

My great grandfather Karl Maser (son of Paul) born 11 March 1870 at Karolinen Volina, Russia (according to Canadian border crossing record into US) and his wife Amelia (Emilie Peitsch) Maser (daughter of Gottlfried and Maria (Klaus or Kliess) born 12 April 1876 at Karolinendorf, Volyhnia, Russia (according to ND Naturalization Papers) left Volyhnia in 1912 (Russian Passport) to Beausjour, Manitoaba Canada then to Krem, Mercer County in the  US in 1916. Their daughter, Pauline, my grandmother, handwritten note has her born near City of Bras, Co Bristritz. Their son, Heinrich, born at Bresney, Russia (death certificate).

  From my research I know that there are two possibilities for Karolinendorf: 1. Josefowka, located about 30 km NE of Tutschin. Karolinendorf (aka Karlinowka) was, according to one historical source, located on the east side of the Slucz River, roughly 10 km E of this Josefowka which is on the west side. 2. church at Tutschin through Pastor E.Althausen as entered in the churchbook of the town of Tutschin. Karolinendorf, Volyhnia by Pastor E. Althausen. An exact match for Karolinendorf, a village known to have had German residents is at 8 km SE of the city of Nowograd Wolhynsk., Poland. I have looked up these colonies at http://www.volhynia.com/topo/me200.html but they are not on the maps. If anyone knows of a map with these colonies I would appreciate it.

  Also if anyone knows of the places City of Bras and Bresney are located.

  I had a member of the Hutterite Colony in Lake County translate a german letter to english from a family member in Poland written in 1927. Sam's translation was:
  Address
  P Newkleba Deison, Pflugold Kol Telenka Tnoyei Joafiun Pasijort Kanines Wolh Polland.
  If anyone can figure out where this address is I would be quite grateful.

  Thanks in advance.

  Darrel
  Sioux Falls, SD