[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] B/M/D Records in Poland in 1700's

joepessarra joepessarra at suddenlink.net
Sat Apr 19 11:21:54 PDT 2008

This is a request for a friend of mine.

Are there b/m/d records available for the 1700s in Poland?  My husband's
ancestors were Mennonites originally of Holland or Germany who went to
Danzig for about 100 yrs (1700s) then to Russia for next 100 yrs (asked to
go to Russia by Catherine the Great).  In 1874 most left Russia for US and
Canada when new Russian government would not let them use their German
language and refrain from doing military service.  I have 1807 birth of
ancestor in Russia,  but nothing before in either Russia or Poland.

Joe in Texas