[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] post WWI immigration, found something in Germany?

gary and rhonda simpson garynrho at mts.net
Sat Apr 19 12:55:23 PDT 2008

Following my queries of last week on post WWI migration, I revisited some of
my records that I hadn't perused in a while and found some interesting data
that I had overlooked.

The following url is for for ancestry Hamburg lists of the father of the
family I am looking for and his travelling companion, a sort of in-law.
Rudolph Yeske and Gustav Radontz (Radons) a brother my the Lydia I'm looking
for.  This clearly shows the last place of residence as R???off Germany.

http://tinyurl.com/62pr9r

In the following url is from the Cdn Archives site showing Gustav's wife and
family arriving in Canada in 1920, saying Poland and Polish.  I have also
found the older son of Rudolph (I think) Leaving from England in 1922 as a
Gerhard Paul Geske, however the ship Montrose in 1922 is not on the Canadian
data base so have a dead end on his arrival here. Alas, the daughter Zelma
Yeske (Geske, Yessie, Gessie) and Rudolph's future wife, Lydia Radons are
still nowhere to be found.  But revisit ting these pages, from a while back,
leads me now to believe that sometime before the war, at least part of the
family left Volhynia for Germany and stayed there until after the war, and
it would appear that Rudolph's wife is the only one that didn't survive the
war.The families citizenship paper in 1930 show Zelma as a minor child born
in 1912 so under 21 yrs of age at time of citizenship being granted.  the
son is not mentioned. And their firstborn in Canada was born in 1921.
http://tinyurl.com/5b4ra7

Now, as for a question....the first url where Rudolph and Gustav came over,
any idea of where they were living in Germany.

Rhonda