[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Ger-Poland-Volhynia Digest, Vol 59, Issue 25

Don Puffalt dpkipling at europe.com
Wed Apr 23 12:48:41 PDT 2008

Hello,

One letter told about the Peitsch family arriving in Canada in 1901, and
being glad to live under Queen Victoria. She died on Jan. 22 of that
year, however, so it's highly possible that she had passed away before
the Peitsches got to Canada.

Changing the subject:  I have some dates and facts about various
Volhynians with the surname GRAMS. I have also gathered some dates
regarding the MANTEI / MANTEY / MANTAI family. I understand that MANTIK
is sometimes another variant----is anyone working on the MANTIK or MANTEK
family?   (I saw in a church record book today that Martin Berger and his
wife Mathilde née MANTEK had a daughter Caroline born in 1900.)   In
1906, a couple named Gustav MANTEK and his wife Emilie née Kannenberg had
a son, Alexander Mantek. These two Mantek families were both living in
the Lutsk region.

Don Puffalt