[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] families Heine and Wenzel migrated back to Germany 11/1943

Karl Krueger dabookk54 at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 23 19:46:14 PDT 2008

You cannot order EWZ50 films from the Family History Centers. Only EWZ57 and 58 can be ordered through your FHC. For EWZ50-54 you need to go to the US National ARchives or get access through the Bundesarchiv.

Paul Rakow <rakow at ifh.de> wrote:  Nelson, Nicolas,

Yes, you can see some of the EWZ films through the Mormon
Family History Centers in Germany without any problems (I've done
that when I was living in Bayern). I believe it is also possible
through the Bundesarchiv, but that way has more Datenschutz to
struggle with.

Nicolas, there are detailed government records on Germans from
Russia who migrated to Germany - EWZ, Einwandererzentralstelle.
You can read more about these records at

http://leitfaden.wolhynien.de/guide.pdf
(deutsche)
or
http://www.volhynia.com/ewzmain.html
(English)
You should find information there on your Heine and Wenzel
relatives.

Paul Rakow
rakow at ifh.de