[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] EWZ Files & Deportation to Siberia

Karl Krueger dabookk54 at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 24 09:15:53 PDT 2008

To get more out of how to read the results from ODL look at the frame numbers. Any names that have the same frame number are on the same page meaning they should be in the same family. Then by looking at their birthdates you should be able to predict who was a grandparent / parent / child. This info is taken from a "Stammblatt"  and normally gives 3 generations of information.

  I am thinking it might be good for me to write an article in an upcoming journal to better understand all the information ODL shows for their EWZ results. When you know what you are looking at you almost don't even need the record since much of it is given in their database. It is only because I know EWZ so well that I can "read between the lines" of these results. It would be good for me to teach others to have this skill too.
  Karl

Kyle Sattler <kylesattler at sasktel.net> wrote:
  Hi Karl and Nelson,

I have looked into the EWZ files on Odessa 3 just the other day. On
the J044 film that Karl mentioned, I found no Zietz families from
Ekaterinoslav but I did find several Zitz families from Eichwald,
Gottland and Neuhof. These are all in the vicinity of where the Zietz
family lived. I will look into getting copies. I had also searched the
other EWZ and found some more Zietz and Zitz families from around Gottland.

Thanks for the help,

Kyle