[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Ger-Poland-Volhynia Digest, Vol 63, Issue 9

Rachael Patterson patterson.rachael at gmail.com
Tue Aug 12 13:21:51 PDT 2008

Good Afternoon,

Can anyone help me with regards to possibly locating a photographer business
or shop in Plock, Poland?

I have just rec'd a wonderful 1927 old photo of some of my ancestors with
the embossment of the photographer's name & place on it:

Fot. Piotrowski, Płock = Photographer. Piotrowski, Plock

My wonderful Polish translator friend, Dr. Margaret Pokroy responded stating
that fot. is short for fotograf (Polish) = photographer in English.

So now I know the photographer is Piotrowski of Plock. And Plock, Poland is
the major area of my ancestors during the German colonization in Poland
area.

I have tried & tried to get a breakthrough with possibly obtaining passport
photos of my family from 1927, and just maybe, this photographer shop in
Plock at that time, might have archived plates of old photos from that
timeframe, of my ancestors. Just a wish.

Does anyone know how I might be able to access the Polish City Archives or
Business Registry for this photographer in Plock around this timeframe? If
indeed, this was a business, and still in existence today, or handed down to
the generations??? This was after WWI and bef WWII. And I know that WWII
caused much devastation with regards to businesses, shops, records, etc....

If anyone would like a jpg copy of this photo, I will easily send this to
you.

Many thanks to all!

Rachael Patterson
Calgary, AB, CANADA