[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Doberstein, and (S)krzynka Wielka

Albert Muth albertmuth at aol.com
Mon Aug 25 19:23:34 PDT 2008

I am posting my answer only to this listserv.

The village is spelled remarkably well, but I think there is a false segmentation.? I cannot find a K- W-,
but I am very familiar with Skrzynka Wielka (Maslaki lutheran parish, West of Sompolno).? If you use
Shtetlseeker, you will find it?? http://www.jewishgen.org/Communities/LocTown.asp

I am the one entering Maslaki data; Doberstein is certainly there, as well as all the names after your
own signature.? The main problem is that LDS?only filmed in Maslaki up through 1859.? Even the Polish archives has a gap
1860 through 1897, inclusive.?

It still might be worth floating the names and dates of the indviduals involved; the genealogists on this list have long memories
and might recognize the families.

Kallas might be another local village, or it could be a bad misspelling of the Kalisz gubernia, which would be appropriate in this case.

Al Muth