[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] BORK

Dave Neumann denuma at rogers.com
Sat Aug 30 06:41:10 PDT 2008

Maria:

We have something in common. One of the names I am researching is BORK. My
maternal grandfather was Franz August Heinrich KWIATKOWSKI; Maria BORK was
his mother.

I don't have a lot of information, but here's what I do know:

Grandfather Kwiatkowski was born 11 May 1872 in Danzig (Neufahrenwasser).
His father was Joseph KWIATKOWSKI. He and Maria had three other children:

Ella, Johanna and Ziganke. I do not have any information about Maria Bork
herself, but I would guess that she was born sometime between 1845 and 1854.

My grand father left Danzig for Saxony, Germany in the 1890's. He was a
Schlosser. He married my grandmother, BAUER, Hedwig Lina, in Werdau on 20
November 1900. According to the marriage record, at the time of the date of
this marriage his mother, Maria BORK, was still living, but his father had
passed away. My grandparents had five daughters - all born in eastern
Germany. They emigrated to Montreal, Canada, in 1912.

Interestingly, I am also connected to the Zhitomir area, as my father's
ancestors live in this area staring in the 1860's. I made a trip (with Don
Miller) to this area earlier this year. I kept a blog about our experiences.
You can read about it here: http://ned-eurotour.blogspot.com/.

Good luck on your research.

Maternal names: BORK, KWIATKOWSKI (Danzig), BAUER, KETZEL, SEIDEL (Vogtland,
Saxony, Germany); Paternal names (Volhynia): ALBRECHT, KALLASCH, NEUMANN

David Neumann

Phone: 519-759-7885

Fax: 519-754-4550