[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Schielmann/Schwebs

Earl.Schultz Earl.Schultz at telusplanet.net
Thu Dec 11 13:43:56 PST 2008

Hi Marcin,
If you send me more information about your gggrandfather Schielmann's
family, I will see what I have.  I have several Schielmann (Szylman)
marriages in the late 1830s and 1840s and a few births, all recorded in the
Rypin-Michalki Ev. Parish which is near Strasburg and Osiek.  Many from
Osiek went to the R-M Parish.  I do not have your gggrandfather although I
have a Friedrich Szylman who married Ewa Haaze in 1843.

I have always wondered in Schielmann and Schiemann were the same name or
originally from the same root.  I have Schiemann in my ancestry and there
were many in the Rypin-Michalki Parish.  There are no Schwebs in this
parish, pre 1866.  I have indexed most of the records from this parish.

I had the very great pleasure of visiting Warsaw and Dobriner Land this
summer.  Very beautiful both areas.

Earl

Message: 4