[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Markie Petrikau

Jerry Frank FranklySpeaking at shaw.ca
Sun Dec 14 07:30:19 PST 2008

Nelson,

Off hand I cannot find a place called Markie Petrikau.  However, I
can say that between 1815 and WW I, Poland did not exist as an
independent nation.  People immigrating from what is known as Poland
today would have been carrying either Prussian, Russian, or Austrian passports.

If we are to assume that this Markie is associated with Petrikau
Trybunalksie or Petrikau Parish, then it would have been Russia in 1862.

Jerry Frank - Calgary, Alberta
FranklySpeaking at shaw.ca