[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] looking for village or town Olynszak

Karl Krueger dabookk54 at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 14 09:14:16 PST 2008

Dear Brigitte,
No one seems to have replied to this request so I thought I would add a little. The Germans often referred to Siberia loosely but during WW I most Germans were deported to places starting near Samara and Saratov and could be as far as Troitsk, Chelyabinsk, Kustanai (Qostanay), and even as far as Samarkand, Uzbekistan.

If your family was more west in 1917-18 like around Saratov then it is more likley they returned to Poland in 1918. If they were further east like the other places I mention then they may have returned until 1921-22.

Unfortunately I can't find Olynszak for you but maybe you will have a better idea what possibilities you need to look into with this added background. Aside from Olynszak is there another larger city they use in reference to this location (do terms like Kustanai, Turgaiski, Orenburg sound familiar with your family history)?
Karl