[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Milewski - some questions

Irene König kopetzke at gmx.net
Thu Dec 18 10:44:23 PST 2008

F&RM Haddad schrieb am 17.12.2008 18:41 Uhr:

 > I have a pair of ancestors - Peter Sell and Anna Milewski who were
 > married in Mlawa, Poland, Mar. 1854.

Hi Rose-Marie,

I have been going through your other postings but did not see how you
are connected to this couple. Have we been in touch before? I am a
granddaughter of Emil SELL from Solodyri / Volhynia who was a grandson
of Peter SELL and Anna MILEWSKI.

As for Milewski being a polonization of a German name (or not), I must
confess that I do not care about it. My father's name was KOPETZKY, my
grandmother's name was BONKOWSKI, so why wouldn't my gg-grandmother's
name be MILEWSKI ;-)? Probably with no German equivalent.

Irene Koenig