[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Possible project: Volhynians in Brazil

Mauricio Norenberg mauricio.norenberg at gmail.com
Wed Dec 31 22:10:43 PST 2008

Hi,

I'm interested to start a project regarding the Volhynians who came to
Brazil.
When I started my personal research over my family who came from Volhynia, I
found lack of information on Brazil. But with research time, I found a lot
of information on microfilms as well. And I have a lot of parish registers
that are no longer microfilmed.
Now I'm living in Auckland, and I have access to a good Library, that makes
easier to do research.
Basically would be cataloging all the families who arrived from Volhynia,
usually identified by the Brazilian settlements they arrived.

Curiously, the majority Volhynians went to specifics settlements reserved
for German-Russians. That's what happened on "Linha Silva Jardim"
settlement. I think had a specific Brazilian dealer that went to Volhynian
to advertise about Brazil. And I'm very curious how my ancestors decided
Brazil against Canada. I have relatives who went to Canada. Could have a
register about the propaganda made in Volhynia. Does somebody have
information about this?

So, I'm looking forward for opinions about how can I make this catalog and
contribute with this community along the next year.

Regards and happy new year!

Mauricio Norenberg