[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] name of village

Paul Rakow rakow at ifh.de
Fri Feb 8 12:27:41 PST 2008

     Saporoshje is the German spelling of the city Zaporozhe or
  Zaporozhje on the Dnieper, where there is a huge hydro-electric dam.
  I'm not sure though what Saporoshje II means.

     In the War the Russians sabotaged the dam just before the Germans
  captured it. The Germans spent a year or more getting it operational again,
  but almost as soon as they had the power plant working, they blew it up
  again, because the Russians were about to retake the area. (A relative
  of mine was there during the War).

          Paul Rakow
          rakow at ifh.de