Re: RE: [Ger-Poland-Volhynia] church records Göttland/Goettland

Jerry Frank FranklySpeaking at shaw.ca
Fri Feb 22 09:05:51 PST 2008

Further to Howard's message, you can find this places pinpointed at http://www.odessa3.org/collections/refs/link/villhelp.txt

According to this, Goettland was in the parish of Ludwigstal.   I just helped another reader to find some villages in Rayon Kujbyschewo.  This area is covered in the book "From Catherine to Kruschev" by Giesinger.  I'm not at home so cannot look it up right now.  Unfortunately the book does not include all villages where Germans lived.  I found one which is in the book, another that was slightly north of the region covered and a third I could not find at all.

There are 10 places shown as Luxumburg but none in the same region as Goettland.

You might be able to find more help with this area at http://www.grhs.org

Jerry