[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Wignnazero, Poland

Jerry Frank FranklySpeaking at shaw.ca
Sat Feb 23 13:36:29 PST 2008

Eduardo sent me the 1943 obituary for Pauline which shows the information.

It states, in German, that Pauline was born 4 May 1865 at Wignazew,
and was baptized at the Zimbolno Church.

Not only am I convinced that Worth has given the correct analysis to
this place name but I am convinced that the person in our database is
the same one.  Obituaries are not known for great accuracy.  Saying
you are from Ignacew, especially in the Polish context with the "w"
in front certainly could result in someone understanding it as
Wignazew in writing it down.  Zimbolno is certainly
Sompolno.  Ignacew is only about 5 km west of Sompolno.  And finally,
the birth date happens to be exactly a year different which was
probably another error in the obituary.

Jerry Frank - Calgary, Alberta
FranklySpeaking at shaw.ca