[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Researching ancestry in Tscheremoschne

Paul Rakow rakow at ifh.de
Wed Feb 27 10:53:42 PST 2008

  Maria,

      I was interested to see that you managed to get census information
  from the Zhitomir region for 1897 and 1879. Could you tell us a
  little more about that - How did you get it? Do you know which archive
  it was from, and how easy it is to find? I don't think I've heard
  anything about 1879 census information before.

           Thanks in advance,

                 Paul Rakow
                 rakow at ifh.de

  PS
      By the way, some of my ancestors left Russia by a similar route
  to yours, emigrating to East Prussia just before the First World War.

  Maria Mikolics wrote:

>>   According to 1897 census record information provided
>> by a researcher Alwine had at least 5 siblings (born between 1875
>> and 1890) so I'd like to look for information about them also.

  [snip]