[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] "skasky"

Richard Benert benovich at imt.net
Fri Feb 29 10:31:05 PST 2008

I've just been reading a few pages in Michail Kostiuk's new book, "Die
Deutschen Kolonien in Wolhynien".  He talks at one point about financial
inducements and privileges given by the government to newcoming German
immigrants, and he calls these privileges "skasky".  He cites a 1994 source
for this, but it's in Ukrainian, and he says nothing about what these
"skasky" were.
He's a bit vague about the time frame.  I'm not sure if he's talking about
the 1830s or the 1860s, or both.

Do any of our knowledgeable experts know anything about this?

Dick Benert