[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] location of Freitagsheim near Miloslaw in the Posen province of Wreschen

larry steinke larrysteinke at gmail.com
Tue Jan 8 02:09:38 PST 2008

Hi everyone,
Thanks for all the responses to my Freitagsheim question.
This is the place my fathers family was resettled to in 1940
when he was around 4 years old, until 1944.
I did find the Freitagsheim-Pieranie connection some time ago
but my father remembered that it was near a Liebenstadt
where they walked to school taking about an hour from home,
and it was a small settlement of 20 or so farms,
so Pieranie didn't fit. Then I found the Miloslaw-Liebenstadt
connection and showed my father this map which somehow looked
familiar but he didn't really recognise where Freitagsheim would be.
I did think of the Piatek-Freitag connection and suspected it would be
in this area but the map 3770_Miloslaw_1944.jpg which has the 1944
german names didn't quite cover this area. The P40_S25_PYZDRY.jpg
map which does cover this area has a few places with Piatk, so I wasn't
sure. So thanks Jerry and Howard for the Bialepiontkowo connection,
I am quite sure this is the correct one. I'll show a detailed map of this
area
to my father and see if he recognises it now. Although it doesn't have much
significance as far as genealogical research, it is satisfying to discover
the actual physical location where a significant part of the family history
took place. My grandmother died there around 1940.
Cheers.
-Larry Steinke