[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Tenth Anniversary

Albert Treichel albert.treichel at sympatico.ca
Sat Jan 19 09:07:02 PST 2008

I have to congratulate and thank the SGGEE organization for what these volunteers have accomplished! I have just joined as a full member but have accessed the archives and so shared information with many of you for years. Through this I have found more relevant ancestral information and help here than from hundreds of hours of mining many other ancestral message boards, databases and relatives over the last 10 years. I am still familiarizing myself with the SGGEE website and the organization and compiling my known ancestry for submission and hope to in near future perhaps find a niche where I can to make a useful volunteer contribution as well. I have a photocopy of what appears to be an original German army EWZ record from my uncle in WW2 of about 5 generations of maternal Golke ancestry and have a tattered booklet in Polish (partly translated) from the 1920s that appears to be my father's Polish war record and army discharge papers. Over the years I have also assembled a collection of websites, pictures and photocopies of several Treichel ancestry books in German etc. from Eastern Europe German ancestral contacts the world over. I would comfortably share copies of most of this info with members and library if there is interest.
Albert Treichel