[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Village Identification Help Request - Heinrich Lueck Death Record 1907

Rose Ingram roseingram at shaw.ca
Fri Jan 25 19:01:06 PST 2008

Hi John,

This is beautiful handwriting - I'm used the sloppy Russian written records from Central Poland parishes.

The binding in this church book seems to be tight making it a bit difficult to make out the first letter.  My guess is Pomme or Pomie

Rose Ingram
  From: John Faunt

  Hello All,

  I have recently received the 1907 death record of my great grandfather,
  Heinrich Lueck. His death record was in the Vladimir Volynsk,
  Volhynia Lutheran Parish register. I am able to decipher the whole record
  except the name of the town of his birth. Can anybody translate and identify
  the village?

  I have a link to a scan of the pages.

  http://www.thefourjays.com/german/lueck/pages/heinrichlueckpage1.jpg
  http://www.thefourjays.com/german/lueck/pages/heinrichlueckpage2.jpg
  http://www.thefourjays.com/german/lueck/pages/heinrichlueckpage3.jpg

  The first link is to the first page of the record. I am able to decipher
  this, and have included only for handwriting samples.
  The second link is to page 2 of the record. I have marked the town name that
  I can not identify.
  The third link is the town name enlarged a little.

  Thanks for any help,
  John Faunt
  Mt Pleasant, SC
  jfaunt at thefourjays.com